Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Potty Training

Max is out of school all week, so I decided a while back that it would be the perfect week to potty train him. I went over the weekend and got everything we would need for the week, so the boys and I are stuck at home all day until Sheldon gets home.

Day 1
We woke up and I took Max out of his diapers. I told him no more diapers, he was a big boy, and he was going to go in the potty. We reviewed his reward system (a sticker for #1 and 7-8 m&m's for #2) and put on his underwear.
I would ask him if he needed to go every few minutes. Of course he said no, so every 15-20 minutes we would go and sit on the potty. Sometimes he would go and sometimes he wouldn't. We did this from 7am-around 10:30am. He was doing really good and had not had an accident at all.
I needed to take a shower, so I put him on a movie. I made it very clear to him not go use the bathroom in his underwear. (I guess not telling him where to go if he needed to was my 1st mistake). Anyways, I went to take my shower and got dressed. I came out and saw his underwear in the kitchen sink. I picked it up and thought he might have had an accident. It was dry, so I went into the playroom.
He knew he was not supposed to go to the bathroom in his underwear, so he took it off and pooped and peed on the floor. Then he got back up on the bed and continued to watch his movie. When I got in there, there was poop on the floor, bed, pillows, and everywhere on him. Whew. It was a MESS.
I got it all cleaned up and Max and I discussed the incident. He put his underwear back on and did so good for the rest of the day. He did not have any more accidents and went in the potty every time he needed to go.

Day 2
We got up and put his underwear back on him. I started off asking him every few minutes if he needed to go. I did that for a while and after about an hour he told me he needed to go. I have not asked him since. He knows now when he needs to go and has not had an accident all day. I was even able to take a shower without him pooping everywhere. :)

He is doing really good with it and is so proud of himself. He knows on Friday if he is potty trained (during the day) that he will get a special treat.

4 comments:

NANA said...

Yeah Max!! Way to go!! Way to go!! Way to go!!f

Megan said...

Oh what fun! We just finished the potty training about a week ago with Joey and it is so much better now! Good luck with the rest of the week!

Kindly Old Man said...

Max called last night and said he was thinking about a flat screen tv with satelite hookup for his room as the friday treat. It must be nice to be Hoesli's or Cove people!! LOL

Max said...

Oh, Jenny! What a story.
Yay for your successes, Max!!!
Gma



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved