Tuesday, February 27, 2007

School Days, School Days

Yesterday was my first day in the middle school. I am in 7th grade Language Arts. Man, is it a shock from kindergarten. I was in a rural elementary school. Now, I am in an inner city middle school. I was really scared and nervous yesterday. Today was a much better day. I taught today and it was interesting. The students are loud and talkative. They need to be told repeatedly to get on task and work. The teacher maintains a great classroom. She teaches the students, but they have great camaraderie. It was great to watch her yesterday. Today, I was able to joke with and still teach the students. In middle school, if someone just blurts out oh well my foot hurts, you are able to say well I do not care. Get back to work. In kindergarten, you have to nurse the boo-boo. The teacher will stand behind any decisions that I make. That is very important in student teaching. It tells the student that you have just as much authority as the teacher. Today, she kicked a boy out of class for back-talking me.
Tomorrow, Sheldon is coming to the school. they have a home basketball game and he is coming to watch. It will be great for him to meet some of my students. Also, my teacher is in charge of teh step team. They are stepping at the basketball game. That should be fun to watch.

No comments:



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved