Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Freezing

I am always trying to come up with ways to save money or stretch a dollar. Since I don't work outside of the home, I think it is the least I could do. haha.
Well anyways, Sheldon has started trying to eat low card and I am watching my calories. We are not eating much at meals and were being very wasteful. For the last couple of weeks, I have been buying a lot of meat at a time and cooking it the same day. I mix it with green peppers and onions and freeze it in quart bags. It will usually be enough for 1 meal plus leftovers depending on what I use it in.
Today I bought 6.75 lbs of hamburger. I buy the 93/7 kind. I fried it all up and got 11 meals out of it. I have 4 with green pepper and onion, 4 with just onion, and 3 of taco meat.





Yesterday, I found a box of Bisquick that need to be used up and I had blueberries in the freezer. Max really likes pancakes, so I made 35 pancakes. About 1/2 blueberry and 1/2 plain. I flash froze them on cookie sheets and bogged them up. I will be able to pop them in the toaster when I feel he needs a treat at breakfast.



No comments:



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved