Monday, June 21, 2010

In an Instant...

Today I learned a hard lesson. I learned that in the blink of an eye anything can happen.

They boys and I went to Walgreen's this morning to get a few things. We were just running in, so I put Crocker in the shopping cart and decided to let Max walk beside me. I got the items I wanted and went to pay. Max was making Crocker laugh and I turned to give the cashier my coupons and money. I heard a thud and Crocker started screaming. I looked and the shopping cart had tipped over and Crocker was lying on the floor beside it. The best I can guess is that Max went to stand on the side of the cart and tipped it over.
I scooped up the baby and calmed him down. After a few minutes, he quit crying, we went to the car and headed home. We got home and within 15 minutes Crocker was crying and wanting to go to sleep. I got both of them back in the car and headed to the doctor. I did not see him fall or what hit the ground. I thought he might have hit his head and wanted to get him checked out.
We got to the doctor and they took us right back. She came in and examined him and ordered a CAT scan. so, we headed to the hospital. They did the CAT scan and the doctor called a little later and said there were no signs of bleeding and he was okay. He has vomited twice and has a concussion, so we are keeping a close eye on him.

I am so thankful that for the most part he is okay. It has been such a scary day and I know that a lot of prayers have been answered.

2 comments:

Max said...

Oh, Jenny, I am so sorry! What a frightening experience. Thank God he is ok. Keep a close eye on little Crocker. I know you will. You are such a good mama.
Love and hugs to all. Gma

Mark said...

You are doing such a good job as a mother, two little boys and being home alone with them most of the time is quite a chore and you are doing admirably... from New Mexico I think you are the GIRL and doing a damn good job of it



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved