Friday, September 28, 2012

Old Fence into Headboard

A couple of months ago, we upgraded to a King size bed. I looked at tons of headboards, but couldn't seem to find anything that I just loved.

So, Sheldon made us one out of old wood from a fence.

First, he took the wood off of the fence. Photobucket

Second, he built a support frame to attach the pickets too. Photobucket

Third, he painted the frame black, so you would not be able to see it through the pickets.

Photobucket

Fourth, he butted the pickets up to one another and then broke the ends off.

Photobucket

Fifth, he put a few more nails into the wood to make sure it was secure.

Photobucket

Last, he attached the headboard to the frame he made.

Photobucket

We really love the finished outcome. It was an easy project and really gives the bed a unique look.


Photobucket

After it was all up, he varnished it. I would suggest you doing this step before you bring it inside your home.

No comments:



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved