Sunday, February 14, 2010

What's Cooking?

Lately, I have been cooking up a storm. Here are a few new recipes that I have tried.

Beef Enchiladas




1 lb ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 can of chili (I used homemade chili from the freezer)
1 can of enchilada sauce (I used homemade)
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
8 wheat tortillas
Brown the meat and saute the onions in with it. Once the meat browns, add in 1 cup of cheese until cheese is melted. Fill each tortilla with the meat mixture and roll up. Place in baking dish side by side. I use my 11x7 baking dish. Combine the chili and enchilada sauce in a bowl and pour on top. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.


Enchilada Sauce
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
dash of hot sauce

Mix all in a bowl.

We both really liked it and Max actually cleaned his plate. I will definitely be making this again.




Homemade Salsa (tweaked Pioneer Woman recipe)
* 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
* 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel
* ¼ cups Chopped Onion
* 1 clove Garlic, Minced
* 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
* ¼ teaspoons Sugar
* ¼ teaspoons Salt
* ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin


Combine all ingredients in a blender until desired consistency.





No comments:



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved