Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Thanksgiving

For a year, we had been planning on going to Kansas to visit family for Thanksgiving. Sheldon's work had a vacation freeze, so we were stuck at home.
Thanksgiving is Sheldon's favorite holiday, so I knew I would have to go all out and make it special for him.

The preparations started early in the week. I made pumpkin pies. One of them did not make it until Thursday. Sheldon started celebrating a little early!

Wednesday we a day of cooking for me.
I made homemade cranberry sauce.


I made, cut up, and set out bread and cornbread to dry out.


I made sweet potato casserole.


We also had homemade apple pie.


Thursday, I put in the turkey and started off cutting the celery and onions for the stuffing.



Sheldon and Max did what men do and watched tv while I cooked. Max really got into the parade this year.


He also put on his new apron and hat to watch me cook.


Crocker played with Sheldon.


Popcorn hovered under my feet to hoping I would drop something.


Our family on Thanksgiving.


Sheldon eventually made his way to the kitchen to carve the turkey.


Our Thanksgiving dinner.


Please excuse my haggish look. lol



Oh my! Crocker loved the Thanksgiving dinner! He especially loved the green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole.



Max liked his dinner okay.


He was enjoying it until he had to try the green bean casserole. He was not a fan!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Kindly Old Man said...

Max has a great pallet for food. Anyone who would eat great bean caserole would bark at the moon, LOL

Max said...

Jenny, your food looks wonderful!!! I saw such a cute little suit (my opinion :-) )today but none big enough for Crocker. It said "My mom knows a lot but my grandma knows EVERYTHING!"
Sheldon, the plaid shirt is 'snazzy'.
And Kindly Old Man---I love green bean casserole! woof woof!!!
Love, Gma

Granny Kaye said...

Love the Thanksgiving pictures fro the beginning to the end!! Great looking food and family!!
Way to Go! Way to Go!! Way to Go!!!

other gpa said...

Haggish? I believe more lovable,, what a great layout on the meal



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved