Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I have had a great day with my boys. We went to church, went to the lake, and Sheldon grilled steaks for dinner. He has really gone out of his way to make today special for me.

He is never sure if he will be home or not, so he ordered me flowers from the company he used while he was Iraq.

This is what he ordered.



This is what was delivered.




Needless to say, he was not happy. He called them immediately after I received them and got a full refund.

Either way, they are pretty and I am enjoying them.


We have been talking about buying a jogging stroller for a few months. Sheldon loves to run and I am working on it. We found a pond by where we live and the boys and I have been going there to walk around and see the ducks. We have had a sit and stand and it did not do good on the trails at the pond.
We went looking this weekend and they were on sale. We decided to go ahead and buy it as a birthday/Mother's Day/Father's Day combo. We used it last night and this afternoon. To say Max loves it is an understatement. Sheldon runs while he pushes them and they have a blast. I am getting better and ran for a while today with out wanting to die. ha!

I love Max's little hand towel he wanted to bring. He really works up a sweat while Sheldon is running him around.




Sheldon found a goose friend while we were there and she followed him a long way.





We brought bread crumbs today and had fun feeding the ducks.


Max learned really quick to jerk his hand back fast. They almost got a finger the 1st time.







The best part of the day was what happened at church.


We have been talking off and on about sponsoring a child. Sheldon has been really skeptical about it. We walked into church today and it was Compassion Sunday. They showed a video about what they do and told of a few ways you could give. Sheldon leaned over and said we would look into it, but he wanted to know where his donation was going.
After the service, we went to the lobby and Sheldon asked for a print out of what the money went for. The lady gave him a paper with every thing listed.
There are a few ways to give, but we decided to sponsor a child. We were looking at all the children and Sheldon found the perfect little boy.

His name is Shaltin. He is 4 years old and he lives in Uganda.





We have had a great day and I look forward to many more like today.

1 comment:

Max said...

A wonderful day for a wonderful family.
And great to be sponsoring a little boy. That's called "making a difference, one life at a time". I'm sure that God is very pleased that you are sharing in that way. You make us so proud with your generosity and caring. Much love from Gma & Gpa



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved