Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mount Rushmore

We woke up the next morning and Max loved snuggling down under the covers watching cartoons.


There were all different types of painted bulls throughout the town.







The entrance to Mount Rushmore.


The view from the road.


A coke machine in the parking garage.



The entrance to actually get into the memorial.



It took 400 men to complete the memorial.





Max Man keeping warm.



The model that the carver used. He would look out the window on the left and tell the men what to do.



Every state flag



Before you get to the memorial, you can stop on the side of the road, but all you can see is Washington's head.








1 comment:

Gma said...

Great pictures! Looks like things have changed quite a lot since we were there years ago. Jewel cave had absolutely NO improvements. We had to carry a lantern!!



Hoesli House

My photo
I am very happily married to my wonderful husband Sheldon. I love my job as a stay at home mom to my 3 boys, Max, Crocker, and Eli. I love: Jesus. a clean house. sewing. a home cooked meal. diet dr. pepper. girls nights. a good pedicure. chick-fil-a. target.


Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved